Monday, August 28, 2006

go after the opponent's strengths

I've started to hear political ads on the radio here in Washington State. The couple that I have heard so far seem to be well-done - since they focus on just one or two negative points of the opponent. One idea for a radio or tv commercial for Mitt would be, instead of focusing on a negative point about the opponent, state the good things about the opponent. "Mayor Guiliani succeeded in doing this, this, and this in New York." Then point out similar things Mitt has accomplished, but has done either better, more efficiently, with greater impact, or with longer-lasting effects.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nivek said...

hey what happened to the lighthouse?

Who turned the lights out?

12:24 AM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Nivek said...

The lighthouse returns. Woohooo!

9:22 AM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger publius5 said...

I haven't changed the settings for the look of the blogsite at all.

BTW - my computer wasn't running Mitt's video at his Comonwealth PAC site. Do you know if it uses FlasphPlayer? I may need to upgrade my Flash.

11:37 PM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Nivek said...

Yeah for some reason yesterday the background of the page template was not coming in for me, but obviously resolved itself later.

As far as the flashplayer, I will admit complete ignorance of the subject, you sound like you know more about playing media than I do. I'll put it this way, simply learning how to tweak with the template on this site and be able to blog were big computer accomplishments for me. I am learning as I go.

Good Luck on that. Did you ever watch the Charlie Rose interview? If not I highly recommend that one also. Mitt disarms some pretty loaded questions with mastery and is able to articulate conservative viewpoints to an interviewer in a way that is obvious she gets it, and is not used to "getting" a conservative viewpoint.Awesome.

12:43 AM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger publius5 said...

I did watch the Charlie Rose interview. I was very impressed. Thanks.

10:48 PM, August 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home