Tuesday, September 12, 2006

picture of homemade bumper stickers

I've never put a bumper sticker onto my car - until today. Not only did I put on one - but I placed two. In trying to follow my bumper sticker theory (see post from below), I made my message a question and an invitation. The green of the sticker represents the ground, or the grassroots efforts of blogging for Mitt, while the blue represents the sky (here in WA we don't see the sky all that often - I'm pretty sure that's its color). The first bumper sticker has the ground and sky flip-flopped to represent the world kind of turning up-side-down. The idea of Mitt Romney as prez might be a change of world view for some people. (Or you could say the blue on bottom represents being on a boat out in the Puget Sound.)

Whereas in the second bumper sticker, we're back with the green on bottom and the blue up above. Things are right with the world again.









bumper sticker theory
Sometimes when you see a bumper sticker for a political candidate it's like right there, in your face. The driver of that vehicle supports that candidate and that's that.I personally like the political bumper stickers that not only support the candidate, but also have an extra message, or an invitation, or something humorous. That way the reader is engaged in making some kind of decision - rather than just seeing the candidate's name.(An example of a political message that's not just in your face, but has some humor to it are the Mitthead buttons at http://www.cafepress.com/mittbazzare Both the picture of the Mitt head and the term Mitthead provide some humorous effect. -- Also notice the Vote for Mitt Infant Creeper. Pretty Sweet.)So, an idea I came up with for a make-my-own-bumper sticker goes something like, "Will a MA gov B R next prez?"(I'd like to then put a website at the bottom of the bumper sticker a website like www.mittromney.org or .com - something easy for folks to remember - but those two sites aren't Romney sites (yet).

3 Comments:

Blogger Nivek said...

I see you drive a red car.

1:12 AM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger publius5 said...

I hadn't thought about that. Good thing it's not blue!

9:03 PM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger Nivek said...

You know Its funny, when I was a kid, and the cold war was in full swing still, associating oneself chiefly with the color red was not desireable, as it meant like "red commies" or "red China". Funny how things change.

1:07 AM, September 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home